Hi Friends! Can you believe it’s the last week of August! The kids are back in school, it’s no longer 100 degrees every single day and summer is winding down.
I woke up bright and early this morning to get my meal planning and grocery shopping done for the week. After spending a crapload of money on back to school supplies, school clothes and fall baseball gear for McGwire this month, I was determined to get us back on track with our grocery budget.
Even though it’s super time-consuming, I’m planning to shop at three different stores this week in order to get the best deals by taking advantage of in-store sales and coupons.
Here’s this week’s dinner menu:
- Sunday: Grilled Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa+ Quinoa + Butternut Squash
- Monday: Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad + Black Beans + Creamy Salsa Dressing
- Tuesday: Grilled Mango Salmon + Brown Rice + Steamed Broccoli and Carrots (from our garden)
- Wednesday: Kung Pao Chicken and Brown Rice
- Thursday: Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato Chips, Green Beans
- Friday: Apple, Cranberry, Chicken Salad and Cold Stone Ice Cream (Just me and Rylee hanging together tonight)
- Saturday: Grilled Bratwurst at a community event I had to attend for work…Yuck!!!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Sesame oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Brown Rice
- Ginger Root
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Dry roasted peanuts
- Mahi Mahi
- Black Beans
- Ground Turkey
- Sweet Potatoes
- Butternut Squash
- Red Onion
My shopping list doesn’t include all of the ingredients necessary to make the above meals. For a complete list, please see the individual recipes linked above.
What’s on your menu for this week?