Here on The Rad Dish, I like to talk about all of the really great things that happen during a run: The endorphins, the stress relief, feeling stronger, the getting faster part, the good conversations with your running friends but today I fell like going the opposite direction. Let’s talk about the things that can go wrong during a run.
That little clip above inspired this discussion:
The video summed up a lot of the worst things that can happen during a run but here is my list. All things that have happened to me before while running—>
1. Chaffing. I wore a pair of shorts the other day that completely chaffed the front side of my right leg. My leg still hurts (please note that I
have the lowest pain tolerance in the history of the world. For example- I wanted my doctor to give me a continual epidural starting when I was 5 months pregnant).
2. Dropping your phone and/or iPod or any other really expensive thing while running. I have only cracked a few cell phone screens by doing this.
3. The runny nose. My nose goes into shock and it ALWAYS runs when I am running especially outside.
4. Having to use the restroom when you are really far from any.
5. SIDE STITCHES. Cramping anywhere. It kind of takes my breath away from me when it happens.
6. Hitting the wall/your legs feeling like cement/feeling like laying in the gutter may be your best option. Whenever this happens, I always remember this quote:
7. Getting lost. I don’t even want to tell you how many times this has happened to me when I go running while traveling.
8. Getting a ginormous blister on your foot when you are still really far from home.
9. Your treadmill stopping because it hit the time limit or the safety cord fell off and you have no idea how far you had gone. You then have to start the treadmill again after your legs now know the feeling of how nice it is to stop.
10. And the worst of all, falling on the ice and nearly spraining an ankle and twisting a knee.
Even after all of these things that can and do happen when running… Istill love it and am kind of addicted to it.
Tell me what some of the WORST things that have happened while running? Or things that you are very worried about happening when you are out for a run?